Unless you have been snuggled up under a particulary comfortable rock for the last few years you will have heard of kids magazine, Anorak. This wonderful world of quirky illustrations, puzzles, games and barrel loads of fun is the brain child of the lovely Cathy Olmedillas. We love Anorak and we love Cathy. Want to know what Cathy was like as a nipper? Look no further....
1) Describe you as a child in 5 words.
A studious dreamer & bookworm.
2) What is your favourite children’s book?
Now, anything by Roald Dahl. When I was a kid, anything by Enid Blyton.
3) What was your favourite toy and why?
My colouring books when I was 5. When I turned 8, my collection of Famous Five books.
4) If you could be a fictional character from a kids TV show/film/book for a day who would it be and what would you do?
Without hesitation, I’d be Charlie Wonka. Or “Charlotte Wonka!” :) I would open thousands of chocolate factories around the world. Actually, thinking about it, I would love to be one of the Beatles and go in the Yellow Submarine too.
5) What inspired you to create an awesome magazine for kids?
All the above: my childhood, books I have read, cartoons I was brought up with and on top of that my son, of course!