Pedlars is a beautiful online boutique and shop based in Notting Hill, Clapham and Selfridges in London. It's jam-packed with tantalizing vintage finds and retro goodness for your home. Run by the delightful Charlie and Caroline Gladstone, Pedlars is your one-stop-shop for unique household trinkets and furnishings. We were curious as to what Charlie was like as a nipper....so we asked him!
Honestly. I still feel like a child. I have six children and 23 years of marriage under my belt but I don’t feel that grown up. So I’ll send you a snap of me right now, in my office, taken by me.
1) Describe you as a child in 5 words.
Shy, thin, creative, badly-dressed.
2) What is your favourite children’s book?
Any Tin Tin.
3) What was your favourite toy and why?
Action Man. Because he was tough and had some outstanding accessories.
4) If you could be a fictional character from a kids TV show/film/book for a day who would it be and what would you do?
Tin Tin. Save the world and get Snowy drunk again.
5) What inspired you to work within art and design?
I am a visual person. I had little choice. I tried the music business and hated it.