One of our absolute favourite blogs is the wonderful Mini-Eco. Kate Lilley is a mum to two little boys and is one very talented crafter. Using the brightest, boldest of colours and taking crisp, clear, eyecatching photos means her blog stands head and shoulders above the rest. I was pleased as punch to see a book of her top notch crafitness has just been published and you can snap up Eco-Friendly Crafting with Kids from Amazon. We spoke to Kate about what she was like as a wee girl - was she just as crafty? Read on to find out!
1) Describe you as a child in five words.
Happy, shy, jackdaw (with) an active imagination.
2) What is your favourite children's book?
Meg and Mog series by Jan Pienowski
3) What was your favourite toy and why?
My doll...I would love to give you a quirkier answer but honestly I just loved her! I'm the youngest of four kids and I think it was just nice to look after something else because I was always the one being looked after IYKWIM!
4) If you could be any fictional character from a kids TV show/film/book for a day who would it be and what would you do?
I'd be Moomintroll from the Moomins. I'd just potter about in Moomin Valley for the day listening to that very cool theme tune!
5) What inspired you to work with arts and crafts?
Nothing inspired me specifically..I just always had a strong sense that that's what I would do. At school I had a brilliant art teacher...he was utterly fabulous and a wonderful guide.