We are a close knit little gang over here at Made in Me. Even though work on The Land of Me is a distant, but very fond memory, our super arty team still spend their days at their desks beavering away on their own projects. Mr Nicholas Stoney is one of these mega talents. He can often be found sat at his desk looking dapper in his shorts and awesome specs saying things like 'rad' and 'this is jokes'. He's swell. Here we have a bit of an insight into his world.
1) Describe yourself as a child in 5 words.
Errrrrmmmmmm can’t really remember. Smaller.
2) What is your favourite children’s book?
The Hungry Hungry Caterpillar. I remember being able to put my fingers through the holes in the pages as a kid. The illustrations are awesome.
3) What was your favourite toy and why?
Again hazy memories, it was proabaly a Thundercat, Transformer or Mask related.
4) If you could be a fictional character from a kids TV show/film/book for a day who would it be and what would you do?
Han Solo, I'd walk around being really cool.
5) What inspired you to work within art and design?
I think just because I didn’t like really doing academic work in school, it seemed like too much and wasn’t made fun to do, like many other artists I spent a lot of time drawing in the back of my books and not concentrating on what I was supposed to be doing. I was always told it wasn’t a safe occupation to have so I guess thats what made me want to do it.